WITH REGRET, THIS SITE AND DOMAIN IS FOR SALE, FOR ONLY £1,500 / $2,000 PLEASE CONTACT SHREDACADEMY AT HOTMAIL . CO.UK
Unfortunately after setting up and running this site for a long time, I have not been able to maintain it for years now. I do not have time to deal with customers and site problems. DIGITAL DOWNLOAD orders should still work in the mean time, but please do not order physical items. I'm sorry to all customers who have tried to reach me recently.

Shred Academy
Shred AcademyContactHome
Guitar lessons, tools, DVDs, downloads, and more Artists
Instructional Guitar Media
Shred Academy Shred Academy Guitar lessons, tools, DVDs, downloads, and more
Shred Academy
Shred AcademyShred Academy

Shred Academy Board: Jason Becker Tone - Shred Academy Board

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Jason Becker Tone

#21 User is offline   Hatebreeder 

• Shredder
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • Group: Members

Posted 04 July 2008 - 03:39 AM

Just from listening its always sounded to me like he had a fair amount of midrange and a very tight sound as well as a bit of chorus which is were the aforementioned digital sound comes in.

#22 User is offline   frisk 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip

Posted 06 July 2008 - 08:54 PM

Okay guys here's some good news for some of you.

I will quote Rusty Cooley from the Outworld forum:

"Contact: www.ProTonePedals.com
Dennis Mollan
(817) 913-7718
Info@ProTonePedals.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

Jason Becker and Pro Tone Pedals team up to bring you the Perpetual Burn Distortion Pedal

Crossroads, TX – June 29, 2008 – Pro Tone Pedals is pleased to announce the newest member of the Pro Tone family- the legendary Jason Becker.

World renowned guitarist Jason Becker and cutting edge guitar effects manufacturer Pro Tone Pedals join forces to recreate the incendiary tones from Jason's genre defining album Perpetual Burn.

The dual channel, all analog design will emulate the gear that Jason used during the recording of the Perpetual Burn LP while adding extreme flexibility and tone sculpting options.

Channel 1 will consist of a modified version of the distortion pedal favored by Jason at the time.
Channel 2 will house an analog emulation of the two amplifiers Jason preferred to use melded into one circuit.

Top names in the world of modern shred guitar including Rusty Cooley will be lending a hand in the testing and development of the Perpetual Burn Distortion as Jason was diagnosed in 1989 with Lou Gehrig's disease (ALS) and has since lost the ability to play the guitar.

Jason's father, Gary Becker, will be providing the artwork to create a stunning combination of image and sound.

To interact with Jason Becker fans and Pro Tone during product development visit the blog dedicated to this project at http://blog.ProTonePedals.com

Release date: September 1, 200"

#23 User is offline   Adji 

• Shred Messiah
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 07 July 2008 - 11:26 AM

Cool, hopefully this happens :)

#24 User is offline   sentient6 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 07 July 2008 - 06:02 PM

that is somthing I HAVE to buy.....I think frisk's post has ended this discussion......
Heroes and rapists they all have nice faces
But who decides, who defines, who draws all the lines?

#25 User is offline   frisk 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:40 PM

The first channel is going to be like a distortion pedal and the second channel like two different overdrive pedals I think.

#26 User is offline   sentient6 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 07 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

View Postfrisk, on Jul 7 2008, 07:40 PM, said:

The first channel is going to be like a distortion pedal and the second channel like two different overdrive pedals I think.

nah...... the second channel is the amp simulation....at least that is what I read on the pro tone site, it will be the most awesome of awesome pedals I think you for the information though

EDIT:
wait a second.... you said that the second channel is amp simulation!!

#27 User is offline   frisk 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:07 PM

View Postsentient6, on Jul 7 2008, 09:55 PM, said:

nah...... the second channel is the amp simulation....at least that is what I read on the pro tone site, it will be the most awesome of awesome pedals I think you for the information though

EDIT:
wait a second.... you said that the second channel is amp simulation!!

Yes I know but thats like and overdrive, since there's no tubes (as far as I know) it's basically the same as an overdrive. A preamp to be more exact. While the other is like a distortion pedal, much more gain and totally different sound.

#28 User is offline   sentient6 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 07 July 2008 - 08:41 PM

View Postfrisk, on Jul 7 2008, 08:07 PM, said:

Yes I know but thats like and overdrive, since there's no tubes (as far as I know) it's basically the same as an overdrive. A preamp to be more exact. While the other is like a distortion pedal, much more gain and totally different sound.

oh
I see what you were saying
sorry about that.... an extra tube preamp is a good idea though but probably too expensive for me at the moment.

#29 User is offline   shredhead72 

• Pip

Posted 30 July 2008 - 09:14 PM

I read somewhere that he used JB(Jeff Beck) Duncans.

#30 User is offline   sentient6 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 31 July 2008 - 12:36 AM

View Postshredhead72, on Jul 30 2008, 09:14 PM, said:

I read somewhere that he used JB(Jeff Beck) Duncans.

me too..... I think that was on his site but the JB model was in the bridge.... and the neck was dimarzio but I can't remember what model

#31 User is offline   Dennis 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 03:47 PM

View Postsentient6, on Jul 7 2008, 03:41 PM, said:

oh
I see what you were saying
sorry about that.... an extra tube preamp is a good idea though but probably too expensive for me at the moment.

OK Guys...
This is Dennis from Pro Tone Pedals. We just finished up a big round of prototype testing with Rusty Cooley... and heres the latest on the configuration of the pedal as a direct result of the killer session Rusty and I had-

Channel 1 will be the emulation of Jasons amp. It started off as a JCM800 emulation, but then grew a bit when Jason informed us that he liked the jcm900 he was using later in his career.
Channel 2 will be a simple clean boost.

The way the boost interacts with the circuit is extremely cool. It adds more bite and tone to the distortion, and obviously adds more volume. The distortion from the emulator really drives the boost into more distortion... this configuration really sounds great

The overdrive going into the distortion is great in the amp world, but here in the pedal realm it really sucked! Was way too noisy. So we scrapped that plan.

Swing by the development blog and feel free to ask us any questions, or post your comments.

All the best!

Dennis Mollan
Pro Tone Pedals

#32 User is offline   sentient6 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:18 PM

View PostDennis, on Jul 31 2008, 03:47 PM, said:

OK Guys...
This is Dennis from Pro Tone Pedals. We just finished up a big round of prototype testing with Rusty Cooley... and heres the latest on the configuration of the pedal as a direct result of the killer session Rusty and I had-

Channel 1 will be the emulation of Jasons amp. It started off as a JCM800 emulation, but then grew a bit when Jason informed us that he liked the jcm900 he was using later in his career.
Channel 2 will be a simple clean boost.

The way the boost interacts with the circuit is extremely cool. It adds more bite and tone to the distortion, and obviously adds more volume. The distortion from the emulator really drives the boost into more distortion... this configuration really sounds great

The overdrive going into the distortion is great in the amp world, but here in the pedal realm it really sucked! Was way too noisy. So we scrapped that plan.

Swing by the development blog and feel free to ask us any questions, or post your comments.

All the best!

Dennis Mollan
Pro Tone Pedals

hey man..... I am really glad you decided to make this
I have a feeling it is going to be great, I just hope it is not too expensive :lol:
sorry..... didn't mean to make the cheesy comment......

#33 User is offline   Dennis 

• Pip

Posted 31 July 2008 - 04:28 PM

Whats "too expensive"???

#34 User is offline   sentient6 

• Shred 'til I'm Dead

Posted 31 July 2008 - 07:55 PM

View PostDennis, on Jul 31 2008, 04:28 PM, said:

Whats "too expensive"???

like 150 to 200 US because 200 US is about $1260 for me

#35 User is offline   Dennis 

• Pip

Posted 01 August 2008 - 03:04 AM

View Postsentient6, on Jul 31 2008, 02:55 PM, said:

like 150 to 200 US because 200 US is about $1260 for me

Well then... yeah, it'll be too expensive. ;) Sorry... but here in the US it will sell for $289.00

Take care!

Dennis

#36 User is offline   arsis 

• Pip

Posted 11 January 2009 - 12:23 AM

I am subscribed to his blog on myspace and i read (directly from Jason) that the numbered guitar was from jackson, but they would not reissue the guitar but thought Peavey was going to.
He also said in his blog that he was selling his amp heads. He had a Marshall plexi with mushroom cap tubes and some Carvin head. The buyer of these heads had the opportunity to pick the amp up in person and hang out with Jason. Jason want $10,000 for the Marshall and $2,000 for the Carvin. I'm trying to find the link to the blogs but i have alot of them from him on ehre adn is taking along time to find.

Share this topic:

• 2 Pages +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Backend system (LAMP) designed & maintained by Daniel Moxon